Church of Santa Maria del Carmine

Piazza del Carmine – Pisa
Tel 050-502410

The church is located on Corso Italy.

The church with an adjacent convent was built in 1325 by Carmelite monks who had left the old headquarters in Barbaricina. Enlarged in 500, was badly damaged by bombing. A small plaque marks the height of two feet reached by the flood of the Arno in 1869. The facade is simple, with statues of St. Paul and St. John the Baptist. The interior has a nave, seventeenth-century style. A right of the main changes in the cloister with two rows of arcades dating from the seventeenth century

Di Pisaonline

Pisa-online.info è un portale turistico sulla città di Pisa e della famosa Torre pendente. Fa parte del network di portali su Pisa by www.pisaonline.it in rete dal 1996.

Lascia un commento

Centri termali Pisa