Church of St. Ranierino (or SS Ranieri and Leonardo)

Via Cardinale Maffi – Pisa
Tel 050-561950

It is near the Piazza del Duomo.

The small church originally stood at the southeast corner of the Piazza del Duomo (where now is the Museo dell’Opera) with the front facing west.

The remains of its stone walls are still clearly visible on the facade of the Museum. Restored in 1578 was demolished in 1868 to make the square more dignified, and was rebuilt in the way today with the front facing south.

Behind the altar is kept the altarpiece "Madonna with St. Ranieri, Torpoint and St San Leonardo" of the sixteenth century, considered the masterpiece of Mannerist Pisa Aurelio Lomi.

Di Pisaonline

Pisa-online.info è un portale turistico sulla città di Pisa e della famosa Torre pendente. Fa parte del network di portali su Pisa by www.pisaonline.it in rete dal 1996.

Lascia un commento

Centri termali Pisa